Wednesday, April 10, 2013

FMS81: Open Seas

Believe it or not, I finally stamped!   Cindy gave us this fun sketch for Freshly Made Sketches this week and it got me out of my slump for a minute.  Well, more than a minute I guess.  Who can make a card in a minute?  


I have really been struggling with stamping lately.  I don't want to stamp, I don't enjoy stamping.  It's a very strange place for me.   I have been avoiding it unless I have to do it.   When I sat down to make this card, I had no idea where to start.  I finally pulled out my Color Coach and picked a combination.   After that I made most of the card and then looked for a stamp set that would work with it.   Not the most traditional way of doing it, but it ended up working out.  I like how it turned out and that's a nice change for me. :)  

Stamps:  The Open Sea, French Foliage, Something to Celebrate
Ink: Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Print Poetry DSP, Tea for Two DSP
Tools:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3-inch circle die, Scallop Border punch, paper snips
Accessories: Midnight Muse ribbon


Someone has discovered that they LOVE mom's iPhone.  Uh oh!  I'm sure it won't be long before she knows how to use it better than I do.  :)


Like all Texas kids, Laila had to have her picture made in the bluebonnets.  Her poor eye was really bugging her after our trip.   Our doctor gave us a referral if we wanted to get it checked out, but let us know that it can take up to she's a year old for the tear duct to open all the way.   We are going to wait for now and try to massage it as much as we can.  That's quite a task considering how active she is now!

13 comments:

  1. Rita I absolutely LOVE this card...it is awesome! I know what you mean about having no interest in stamping these days. It has been a long winter and now many cloudy days of rain. Hopefully when the sun starts shining again so will my desire to stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may think that your approach to making this card was unconventional, but it worked! This card is AWESOME! I love everything about it. The papers and colors are great, and it's on the top of my favorite masculine cards list. I love the anchor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I love your blog. Your SU creations are great. I have to say, I subscribed to your blog for your awesome projects, but now I also look forward to the baby pictures you post. She is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out! Perfect for Father's Day! And the bluebonnet picture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the type of card I LOVE!! It has it all.... great color choice, dimension, texture, a clear and defined focal point with embellishments that compliment that instead of distract your eye from it so you don't know where to look. Amazing job.... as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, Rita!!! That color combo & sketch just grabbed my eye! I have been in the same rut as you when it comes to stamping and i'm forcing it. Hope that does not last too much longer!
    I babysit a little boy who is 13 months old who loves my iPhone and always plays with it, more so than his toys! LOL Laila will just have to get one of her own when she gets alittle older!
    As for that tear duct, my youngest daughter had that problem when she was little also. We went thru more eye ointments that first year than ever! After her first birthday they decided to open the tear duct in surgery and we've not had any problems in the last 19 yrs. Thoughts & prayers that hers will open on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great card! I love the colors and the whole sailing theme. Not to mention the anchor!

    Laila looks like a dream among the bluebonnets!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Rita! It is such a great Father's Day card! Those colours looks fabulous together! At least you can find your colour coach!!! Ha! Laila is so beautiful! She is getting too big! Can you somehow slow that down?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita you have created a fabulous masculine card and one of the nicest ones I've seen using this stamp set! I think you are being way too hard on yourself as you've created a wonderful card!
    Love the gorgeous photos of Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Rita! Perfect for Father's Day! And what a great color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that you found your mojo! Your card is wonderful...the splotches remind me of looking through a porthole....great colors and design! LOVE the pictures of Laila....her sweet little sad face...she will learn about sharing as she goes along! Love her in the blue bells field...sorry her eye suffered and hope now she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the colors. Laila is so adorable in the bluebonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the best masculine cards I've seen in a long time! I love the dsp patterns that you paired together, and I love the way you used the anchor. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)