Sunday, April 14, 2013

Topsy-Turvy Color Celebration

  

I attempted to stamp again tonight to try to help get myself back in the creating mode.  My mojo and creativity are kinda still in the crapper, but I figure if I stamp enough maybe they'll improve.  One can only hope, right?   Anyway, I played along with two of my favorite challenges, the Paper Players and the Friday Mashup.


I love Island Indigo and Rich Razzleberry, so I decided to combine some favorite colors with a stamp set that I love just as much.   I'm a huge fan of cakes, both looking at them and eating them, so Topsy-Turvy Celebration was one of the first sets I bought last year from the new catalog.  I'm not sure other people love it quite as much, so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't hit the retirement list that's coming out soon.  

Stamps:  Topsy-Turvy Celebration
Ink: Island Indigo, Baja Breeze (sad face), Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Brights DSP stack, Island Indigo DSP scrap 
Accessories:  Brights buttons, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones
Tools:  Scallop Border Punch, Paper Snips

We went to our local arboretum today and walked around for a bit.  It's was such a gorgeous day here.  I think we are going to be enjoying a few days in the mid to high 80's this week before some storms and cooler weather hit.   I'm not sure what else we'll find to do, but I hope we get to enjoy it! 


9 comments:

  1. Cute funky cake... challenges are the best way to get your mojo back! Laila is getting so big! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the topsy turvy set....Great job. I will have to case your card. Laila is beautiful and growing wonderfully. Great job there also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, this set had absolutely passed me by! I couldn't even remember it. Seeing your card made me realize what I had missed! Certainly looks tome as though your mojo is right in place! Fabulous.
    Love your arboretum photos, too. Ah... 80 degree temps. mmmmm.. I could do with some of those
    so glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you brought the Rich Razzleberry out so much and softened it a bit with the blues...great card! Love the picture of Laila...she is as pretty as the flowers....glad you were able to get out and enjoy some nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these colors together, they are so pretty! And you keep saying you dont have any stamping mojo but I dont know, you keep pumping out awesome cards!!

    Glad to see you at The Friday Mashup!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Island Indigo and Rich Razzleberry are two beautiful but dark colors for me, and I have to admit that they look fabulous together. They give such an elegance to your card. Your daughter picture is lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card, Rita! I love this set too, and I hope it gets to stick around longer. Good to see you stamping for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and funky chunky cake! :) I love this one and now I want that stamp set. You rocked my colors, my friend! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :) (...and thanks for the push on my card!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)