Monday, February 6, 2017

Fab Friday 105


Hey!  Did everyone survive that Super Bowl game?  :)  Sorry it's been a bit since I've posted.  Laila got sick, passed it on to Jason, and I've been trying to hide from their germs for a week.  I did stamp a bit last week, but I mailed them off before I took pictures.  I made an effort to send as many cards as I could last week.  I think I got around 20 out, so that's pretty good.   This card should be cute to send soon for Valentine's Day.  I used the new sketch at Fab Friday and this cute little bear from Stamping Bella.  The arrow and stamp are from the Sent with Love set that Stampin' Up! put out a few years back.  It's cute to decorate envelopes, but the elements can be used on cards too.


Now I'm headed to bed to read for a bit.  Part of the lack of stamping is due to reading.  It seems like I get on a kick of one or the other.  I have a huge list of books on my to-read list, so I need to try and fit it in more.  Have you read anything good lately?  My current book is Hillbilly Elegy and I'm speeding through it.  I grew up not far from the area in Kentucky that he discusses, so I understand his family and their struggles. 

This was my poor pumpkin last week.  She was just worn out.  One night we ended up just getting up at 2:30 because she couldn't stop coughing.  I am way too old for that, so we went to the doctor the next day to make sure it wasn't more than a cold.  He gave her some better medicine to help the cough at night, so it's been some better.  I think she managed to sleep until after 5 this morning before she woke us up and then went back to bed once she had water, a full humidifier, and more meds. 




4 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute little guy - love him! That torn edge detail is perfect to set off that panel, too - brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita,
    I sure hope you all are beginning to feel better soon! Sorry to see Laila so worn out.
    Your card is adorable! I love the cute image and the accents you used are perfect. Your fabulous design is a great take on the sketch. So glad you could play along! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little bear! Beautiful coloring and I love how you coordinated the little elements from Sent with Love set with the bears envelope! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get on a kick of one or the other too and I'm glad Laila is doing better! And this looks familiar ;-) It's too cute as is everything you make <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)