Sunday, July 18, 2021

Repeat the Dahlia


 Happy Sunday!!  Whew. I feel so behind with life, but I did manage to get a card made for today. This card is actually yesterday's card and it's for the challenge at A Blog Named Hero. They wanted repetition, so decided to try out a new stamp set that I hadn't inked up yet. It's pretty fun to color. I stamped it four times on the background and then shaded it just a little with some gray Copics. I stamped again on a scrap and colored it and die cut it. Super fun! My sentiment could use a bit of work. I just learned this weekend that there's different embossing powders for different things. I ordered some super fine white to see if it helps my sentiments stay more crisp, so I can't wait for that. My current jar is just regular. 

We had a little outing today. Just Costco and then a plant nursery. I got a little lemon tree and we planted it in a pot. I can't wait to watch it grow. ...and hopefully make lemonade! 

I hope you have a great week. Laila and I are going to be doing a standardized test so that I can make sure she's on track with her schooling. I hope she does okay with it. I want her to have some experience with those type of tests as well. Fingers (and toes) crossed. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love that spotlight effect - it highlights your wonderful coloring!
    Thank you so much for joining our A Blog Named Hero challenge!
    Anna @Crafty Anna Studio
    A Blog Named Hero Design Team

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)