Wednesday, August 27, 2014

FMS Butterflies


Happy Wednesday!    You've made it halfway through the work week!   Yay!   It's also time for a new Freshly Made Sketch.   Our amazing guest designer Kim designed this week's sketch and I just love it.   Definitely one to pin and use again and again!


Last week Laila and I went shopping at Michael's and she picked out some paper for me.   I decided to use it this week, so that's where the butterfly paper came from.   :-)    I did manage to avoid buying the Hello Kitty paper, but only barely!  lol    We also found some clearance embossing folders, so the background is from a set of Tim Holtz ones we found.   


LOL  I love having her try on Halloween stuff, so it's now that time of year!   I already have her ladybug costume in the closet, but it's still fun to look around and see what else we can find.  She's a good sport as long as she has a snack.  Ha! 

12 comments:

  1. Love that tag and embossed background! Very cute card.......but not quite as cute as your Halloween model! She is so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card...I have that same EF...nice affect. How nice that Laila wants to help you pick out paper and things...she looks very cute in both of her 'hats'.....glad she was good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, Laila has shown a flair for design! She knows just what paper to choose for maximum effect. I've got to say I really like the sequin hat. I wonder how that would look with the ladybug costume?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture of that embossing folder! And your tag is fabulous! All-round fantastic card - not to mention a gorgeous looking Halloween model :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Rita - love the mix of paper, texture and sentiment you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tag and scallops with this sketch! And the butterflies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another awesome creation, Rita! Love that paper…so pretty. And that sparkly hat…probably my fave!! What a character she is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterflies compliment your message so well and your tag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laila is sooo cuutee kiss for her please..from Aunty Monika...and the paper she choosed is cool I love the Embossing you put on the card it give a texture and all the colors on your card is awesome I love the way you used the sketch. Great DT card...

    I hope you like to see my card for FMS its always a happines if the DT member leave me some love...big hugs from Germany, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Linda. No matter how awesome your cards are, and they ALWAYS are, Laila has a way of stealing the show! I can't believe how much she's grown already. Wish I lived near you! This card is awesome, Rita. Love the butterfly paper Laila picked and the way you used it in this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Rita! Love those butterflies and the fabulous textured background! Laila is adorable as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laila has good taste with the butterfly paper (I agree that the card wouldn't have been quite the same with Hello Kitty!) I love those butterflies on the woodgrain - definitely worth a smile.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)