Sunday, August 3, 2014

Stampin' Up! The Open Sea and Flower Frenzy


Happy Sunday.   I thought I'd try to do a quick post before lunch to share a couple of the cards I made for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges yesterday.  This one was a fun one.  I stamped and heat embossed the Hardwood background and then painted over it with some white paint.  The flower is using the Flower Frenzy die which I just used for the first time!  I put it on my first order from the new catalog and somehow forgot about it.  (Or I was still protesting the retirement of Fun Flowers)   I used white tissue paper to cut two different sizes and then spritzed them with a mixture of alcohol and reinkers.   The sentiment is heat embossed on vellum and is from the And Many More set.  


Now the masculine card.  It features a bit of watercoloring of The Open Sea set.  I pulled out some retired designer paper because I have got to use up some of that stuff.   It's out of control!  lol   I can't really share the details of the challenges, but if you are a Fan Club member over on Splitcoast, be sure to check them out.   If you aren't, go join!  :)  


Always in on the picture action!  lol  She has her Hope Calendar pictures on Friday, so I hope she likes the camera then.   We got the most adorable dress for her to wear.   She's already had a meltdown wanting to wear it.  Shocking, I know!  lol

2 comments:

  1. Both your cards are great! Thanks for showing them.

    I am looking forward to seeing Laila in her dress for her picture. I remember how adorable she looked last year.

    I had planned on ordering a calendar, but somehow forgot. I won't forget this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards! What card stock did you stamp the Hardwood on? Painting over the embossed image gives a nice effect! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)