Wednesday, June 10, 2015

FMS Celebrate with Leaves


It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Yay!   The oh-so-fabulous Amy is our hostess this week.  She always makes the most amazing cards, so be sure you're following her blog.  :)   I had a few ideas for the sketch this week but they didn't seem to turn out like the ones in my head.  I finally decided on some woodgrain as that usually makes me happy to work with.   I used a retired Stampin' Up! set called Wonderfall that I just love.   I think this is a perfect masculine card!

So many things you can do with this one.  I got oval stuck in my head for a bit, but remember you don't have to use one.  You can use whatever shape works for you.  In my case, it was some leaves.  :)

I had to laugh this morning.  This was one of my On This Day memories on Facebook.  I think I've come a long way in the past 5 years of stamping.   It's funny to look back and see some of your early cards.  I'm off to get ready to take Miss Laila to the doctor.  She woke up being difficult today, so it should be a super fun time.  Sigh. 

8 comments:

  1. The woodgrain is perfect with the leaves! Very classy! And I love a back look at everyone's cards......fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a huge fan of all things leaves, it is a shoe-in that I love this card! And I think I still have some of that DSP too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woodgrain and the color combo are perfect together! Great use of the sketch! Isn't it funny looking back at our early cards and remembering how proud we were at the time. That's why this is such a fabulous hobby - there is always something new to learn and master.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect masculine card! I love the woodgrain paired with the leaves. It's fun to look back at old cards and see how much trends and our skills have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Rita! I love the colours and the woodgrain! I love the leaves! Just fabulous! Love those cards from 2010! I think it's fun to look back on how far we've come in 5 years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the woodgrain DSP with the leaves! Looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If in doubt, go with the leaves! Generally my motto on most stamping days, lol! This is a great take on the sketch. Love the flash back. And you are brave....I'm not sure I'd post mine (yours are WAAAAAYYYY better!!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and clean Rita - I love your take on this weeks sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)