Friday, November 30, 2012

Fabulous Dinosaur


Laila decided to take a long nap today (after not sleeping that great last night of course) and I had a bit of time to go play along with the challenge at Fab Friday.   I love the sketch and am glad I had time to play.  I don't know what's up with my horrible picture taking lately, but I'll try to work on that.  I think I moved my light tent the wrong way and it is not working out.   


Still working on cards for the younger folks and still trying to use up some of my hoarded DSP.  I used some old Halloween paper, Pick Your Poison, and embossed it with the chevron folder.   I love embossed DSP for some reason.   Do you ever do that?   It looks pretty cool I think.  I kept it pretty simple since I didn't know how much time I'd have to finish it, but every dinosaur card needs a bit of distressing!  :)  


After seeing all the other moms going on and on about Sophie the Giraffe, I finally broke down and bought Laila one.  She must be quite tasty as she likes to gnaw on her.   She seems like a dog toy to me, but what do I know?   :)   

6 comments:

  1. My kids are teenagers but have heard of that giraffe. I am sure it is wonderful. Your little Laila ( love the name) is just too adorable.

    I love your color combo and how you used the sketch for a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I really like your card! I need to make some "non-Christmas" cards myself! And I just love love that Chevron EF! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and orange for the dino card! I agree the embossed DSP look really cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really have to get this stamp set...have a 3-1/2 yr old great nephew who loves dinasaurs (sp?)...this is a very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dinosaur card would be a big hit around my house, CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! I'm a little behind on my commenting! This is great and I agree that this card just needed to be distressed. Congrats on your win at Fab Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)