Friday, November 16, 2012

Thank You Leaves

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "Leaves".
  2. Or Make a project saying "Thank You".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project with Leaves".

I'm the hostess this week at The Friday Mashup!  I'm sad to say that this is my last week as part of the team.  Life is just getting too busy and I can't keep up with everything I have on my plate.  I have so little stamping time these days and I need to devote it to my business as much as I can.   I've had such a wonderful time with this group of ladies and I'll definitely try to play along with some of the challenges if I get a chance.   

So on to the card, right?!   This is a NON-clean version of this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  :) I loved it so much that I wanted to make another card but add in some sponging and distressing. 


I have had a few questions for my club cards from last month, so I wanted to do a similar card and answer a few questions.  The background is the new Core'dinations cardstock that has been embossed and sanded.  Easy!   The leaves use the oldest stamping technique that we've all been doing for years, rock n'roll!  I just LOVE French Foliage as it works so great with that technique!  


My little purple girl.   We needed a break from all the pink today! 

8 comments:

  1. Love this card Rita. You've used the rock and roll technique perfectly on those leaves. Love the woodgrain background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad to see Holly's email. :(( Well, I can say it won't get easier... I just seem to have less and less time every year Missy grows up. I'll miss you! But we'll play together online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card!!!! I just recently got this stamp set and am loving ideas of how to use it and make a spectacular card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Rita - and great challenge this week! So sad to see you go, I've always loved your challenges :) All the best to you!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've created the leaf panel Rita! And that little sentiment tag is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Rita! Perfect for the season! The leaves look so real! I enjoy your work! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to miss having you on the DT :(

    Love this card, the colors are definitely something I'd use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rita! Thanks for the fun challenge. We are going to miss you, I love your work!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)