Friday, November 9, 2012

Keep Calm and Mash It Up!

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "Dry Embossing".
  2. Or Make a project using the colors " Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey & Basic Black".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with "Dry Embossing & The Color Combo".


Isn't this a great challenge from the Friday Mashup?   I think that picture is just gorgeous!   These are some of my absolute favorite colors together so I was happy when I finally found time to get a card made.  This week has been SO busy and I still have stamp club tomorrow night!   Thank heavens for coffee!  


Okay, so somewhere in the short distance between the laptop and my craft desk I forgot about the dry embossing part.  I pulled out some paper and I think I just got distracted by the polka dots.   I did get the colors though, so yay for something right.   I hadn't inked up this set yet, so I figured it was about time.   I wasn't sure about it at first, but I ended up getting when I had a little hostess money left over and wasn't sure what I wanted to use it for.   I think it's trendy enough that maybe it will help my card sales a bit.  *fingers crossed*

Stamps:  Carry On
Ink:  Basic Gray, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Perfect Polka Dots DSP, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Bitty Banner Framelits, White Baker's Twine, Dazzling Diamonds 


I love how happy she is most of the time!  

5 comments:

  1. Love it, Rita! The little banner at the top is too cute - Love this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Rita! The banner across the top left was the perfect touch, balances out against the large sentiment perfectly!

    And Miss Laila, so pretty as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgetting the second half of the challenge happens to me all the time! I could go for a cupcake right now actually, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card Rita! And what great advice it gives... lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Rita! The sentiment is great and the banner on the left corner adds interest to your card.
    Hugs;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)