Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Freshly Made Happy Drink


It feels like ages since my last post!  I got hit with another round of the stomach virus last Friday and it just wiped me out. I'm back though, and today is Freshly Made Sketches day.  Jen M. created this sketch for us to work with this week and I really like it.   It took me a bit to figure out how I wanted to do my layers, but it finally came together.   Jason and Laila were playing in my room while I stamped so I think that was part of that issue.  She's so cute that it's hard NOT to watch her.  :)


No Christmas here.  I need some fun birthday cards for my shop display so I'm trying to focus on those for this week.  I haven't used my Happy Hour set in ages!  What's wrong with me?!  I bought it in wood and I keep forgetting about it when I look through my stamps. :/  I combined it with a favorite color combination of mine, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red.  I also added in a bit of scoring and more white space than I'm comfortable with.  :)   


My girl isn't so little now.  I can't believe all the changes that happen almost overnight!   Saturday night I decided to try putting her to sleep without swaddling and wow!   She slept great and has every night since.   Not only that, but she's been going to sleep on her own!   I bought a butterfly that projects stars on the wall and plays music and we turn it on and she watches it (and sings along) until she falls asleep.  It's amazing!   She's starting to roll over on to her side while laying on her back, so I think she'll get all the way over soon.  Not sure how that will go since she hates being on her tummy!  She has rolled from tummy to back, but doesn't do it consistently just yet.   My mom isn't going to know what to think when she arrives in a month.  She hasn't seen her since she was a few weeks old.   It is going to be an amazing Christmas for sure.


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who will be celebrating it this week. We are extra thankful this year for sure.  :)  

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Daughter you have with smiling eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RIta! Great card! I love that stamp set - I just made a bunch of wine bottle tags using it for an upcoming craft fair. Laila is surely getting to be a big girl! What a cutie pie! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card...fabulous colors! Your daughter is soooo adorable and I'm so enjoying seeing her in every post. And yes, they change waaayyyyy too quickly! Happy that you are enjoying every minute and the pictures are a wonderful record of her changes! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the turquoise with the red and I love the turquoise on Laila! I will be over for the drink - wish I could :) Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday card Rita! I can understand why it was so hard to put something together with that cutie in the room! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like ages since I came by to visit, Rita! I can't believe how fast Laila is growing. She certainly is a cutie! Your card is so pretty with all the red and that delicious looking drink! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow .... love that colour combo, what a great card!
    I marvel at how quickly little Laila is growing, and oh so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun card Rita! I love the colour combination! I do love that turquoise! Laila is sooo cute! She has the most beautiful eyes! Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a happy, happy birthday card! I love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)