Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Freshly Made Dinosaur


Okay!  It's Wednesday and that means Freshly Made Sketches!   Monday really threw me off and I almost forgot to make my card on time.   Not good!    I did remember while Laila was napping and managed to complete it before she woke up.  Those naps are a lifesaver!   :-)   Anyway, I think you'll have a lot of fun with this sketch that our awesome Artisan Jen T. created.  
Now... in an attempt to chase off some of my cardmaking blues I'm starting a new strategy.  Instead of just making random cards, I'm going to try making them with a person in mind to send them to!   Or at least most of them.   I have two friends who are having babies soon, so I picked one of them to stamp for this time.   Brandi is my best friend from graduate school and is having a little girl after two boys.   She's like me and not super girly, so I went with a dinosaur.  I did make it pink, but I think that's fun.   I used Pirouette Pink for all the pinks, but they sure don't look the same in my picture.  Strange!  I do wish I'd used Pear Pizzazz instead of Wild Wasabi now that I look at it, but it's fine.    

Stamps:  Positively Chevron, Itty Bitty Banners, Lawn Fawn Critters of the Past
Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Pool Party
Paper:  Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi
Tools:  Bitty Banner framelits, The Cat's Pajamas grass die


We took flowers out to Eli and the rest of Jason's family on Monday.  Laila doesn't understand the cemetery of course, but she does recognize Eli's picture.  

9 comments:

  1. I make most of my cards with a person in mind and usually send them right out! This is too stinkin' cute.....love that pink dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Rita - so does Jacob! He's obsessed with dinosaurs right now! Perfect for a non-girly mom! I really need to start making cards with people in mind because i have a collection of cards sitting on my desk that need homes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card....you never know what little girl babies will decide to do when they get older...love your idea! Yes, perhaps the lighter green would have shown the pink dinosaur off better, but this is fine! I too prefer to make a card for someone special rather than random...good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you making a pink card! The paper pieced dinosaur is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink dinosaur is adorable, Rita - as is your whole card! Such a precious photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, and you did a great job of keeping it girly without making it too girly! Love that dinosaur! Also love your idea of making a cards for specific people. I, too, have oodles of cards in my stash, but seem to always have to make a new one for a specific occasion/person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita,i love this card!!! I love the soft colors and the pink dinosaur is so cute!! Such a sweet Baby Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that chevron background stamp for a baby card. And the pink dinosaur is adorable. Beautifully done, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE a pink dinosaur! This card is perfect for a little girl - your friend is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)