Monday, May 12, 2014

Merry Monday Star Shaker


It's Monday and time for a new challenge at Merry Monday!    We really hit the hot, humid days in Texas this week, so I had to go for a nice clean-and-simple card.   Lori is the hostess this week and asked us to use stars.  I think I got that covered!  :)  There's a ton of different ways to use them and I can't wait to see the gallery this week.  I love stars!


Doesn't this picture make you want to create some of those 3-D stars?!  I don't have a clue how, but now I'm in the mood in to make them!  :)


One of my dear friends brought by a tricycle (or as Laila says, a motorcycle) and helmet last week.  She likes it, but she isn't so good at pedaling just yet.   After two major meltdowns, the motorcycle is put up for safe keeping.  I hope we are finally in the last stages of teething as her molars are coming in right now.  Oh my.  She's grumpy and so are we!  lol   I did have a great Mother's Day though and got lots of love and snuggles.  (and a set of Copics!)

16 comments:

  1. I love your card Rita with it's pop of colour for the focal point and a shaker card to boot and how you created the background with the white stars and the three coloured twine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Rita! I love the background and your shaker star! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card with the shaker star. Love the stars in the BG. Your daughter is adorable with her motorcycle helmet on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say congrats on being a feature designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Rita, I love love love your adorable little shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love your star shaker, Rita! And all the white space with the faux star embossing! Laila will be riding that tricycle off soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little shaker! And love how you added color-on-color stars for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, Rita. Love the subtle star background. And I see you got your sequin fix with this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This card is fabulous! That shaker against the embossed background - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am soooo in love with your Christmas shaker star card....beautiful - love the simple background of stars and your bright red single star and of course the great sequins inside...great idea and beautiful card! Love the pic of Laila on her trike...she will soon grow into it and be pedaling everywhere! Happy to hear that the teething is hopefully coming to a close...hope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable card, Rita! Just love your star background and the star shaker you created! Terrific idea! Laila is just too cute on her bike! Hoping she soon feels better, teething is the pits! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, Rita! Shakers are so fun to make and I love your red & green sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adore your card, Rita! I absolutely love the white on white stars and shaker!! So thrilled to have you as our Featured Designer at Merry Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just love your shaker card - LOVE it!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant shaker card - Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rita your shaker card is divine. Love the kinda faux embossed background. A fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)