Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Freshly Made Hello for a Friend


It's Wednesday, so time for a new Freshly Made Sketch!   Jen Mitchell is our hostess this week and she has a most challenging sketch for everyone.   I totally didn't do it justice, but I know there are a ton of ideas that would look fabulous!  You can check out the other design team cards and see that.   Someone has to be the caboose, right?!  lol   I did make this in about 20 minutes after a horrible day with my girl, so I'm cutting myself some slack this week.  


I actually meant to flip it and make some banners and something else, but in all the chaos of yesterday my idea flew right out of my head.   I still don't remember what it was but maybe it will come back to me?  Yeah right! ;)  


This was my little diva yesterday.   She woke up and was difficult from the very first minute.   She didn't want to wear anything I tried to put on her, wouldn't eat anything I made her, and was just downright a pain in the butt all day!   I called Jason crying at one point because I was just so overwhelmed.   We had a great day on Monday, so I don't know what was up.   Anyway, this was her picking out her pajamas.  If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself I guess.  lol   Here's hoping for a better day today.  Jason is working an extra day this week, so I hope I don't lose my mind.  Toddlers!  Sigh.  

12 comments:

  1. Well, I think your card is awesome...I love the strong bold colors! And toddlers...well, some days are like that. She is exerting her independence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep wish I could do that on 20 minutes! It's great......love yellow and black! And yep I can getting a refresher course in toddlers myself! Some days......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Rita! Creating anything, let alone this beauty, is nearly impossible when dealing with a stubborn toddler all day. There were many days when my most "independent" toddler wore mismatched clothes, pajamas or princess costumes while we ran errands. I tried to choose my battles, and some days there were just too many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love,love your card,Rita!! You've done an amazing job!!
    I remember these days,when my girls used to be toddlers...yes,it sure can get heavy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun interpretation of the layout sketch. Thanks for linking up on our Join in to Win page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure this card only took 20 minutes? I wish I could do what you've done in such a short amount of time!

    I have no advice regarding toddlers. Maybe she was sleepy, or had a headache, or heart burn, or weird allergies, had a bad dream, I don't know. I keep thinking of things that make me grumpy and figure that a kid might have those same things too! Whatever is was, I'm sure it's temporary! Your a good mom and she will appreciate this pictorial diary of her life one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could make make a cool card like this in just 20 minutes! I would spend at least an hour pondering what to put where! This is fabulous, so don't sell yourself short! There are no cabooses in this team!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't miss the toddler fun. But you are NOT the caboose, my friend. This is such fun! Love the fun dots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure wish I could whip out a 20 minute card like THAT! I personally love it! So hard when they are toddlers...it gets better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I guess that's why you're considered a designer! I don't know many people, including designers, who can whip up a card this fabulous in 20 minutes! I love this card, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Rita! I love those fun colours! Love those fun stamp sets!!! Toddlers are just nuts!!! They do get better though! It's a stage and it does pass and in a blink of an eye she'll be turning 8!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, I love your card, and just ADORE all your cute pictures! I watch my grandkids a couple days a week (each family gets one day from me) and I CANNOT take decent pictures! Fortunately DH takes good ones, so when he is around (which is always is during the family celebrations), we get good pictures. I hope you're considering doing some Project Life at some point - you have the PERFECT "subject" and awesome pictures. But I understand if you can't add that to your plate right now.

    Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)