Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Stampin' Up! Starburst Sayings


Welcome to the newest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!   Amy, who is so crazy talented that it's almost unreal, is our hostess this week and has a super awesome sketch.   I had such a blast making my card.  Laila actually took a nap long enough for me to finish on Monday, so that was great!  I do think I'll go back and change the button thread to linen thread instead of baker's twine.


Isn't that fun?!  You don't have to use a circular element of course.  There are so many possibilities that aren't circles.  That's why I just love sketches and sketch challenges.  You can do just about anything!

It was a rainy day here yesterday, so Laila and I piled up on my bed with a bunch of books!  It was so nice to relax and read.  :)   

8 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Rita, I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect mix of sentiment and background! Love it! So glad Laila loves her books......Miss E is not interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These stamp sets go so well together and are perfect for the sketch. I'm not sure how you did the background (watercolor?), but I LOVE it. That background stamp baffles me every time I pull it out to use, so I always end up putting it back on the shelf uninked. Your card has given me new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita, What a great card. I love it! That background stamp is amazing and goes so well with the Starburst saying. You always have the best ideas. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! The map background is such a stand-out. Fabulous card, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow I love this! The map background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Rita - the sentiment and background stamp are the perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Rita! I love the green and how it stands out! I also love the re-make with the Grad card! Both are stunning! Laila is as adorable as ever! I can't believe she's going to be 2 next month....Caleb turns 8 on Wednesday. I have no idea how that happened!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)