Saturday, May 17, 2014

Make It Monday (or Saturday)


I had just a bit of time to play around a bit this week so I decided to try a new technique.  I saw this on PTI Make It Monday and decided to have a go of it.   I love emboss resist, so I'm all for a new way to do it!  :)   If you have any little small stamps, it's a great way to use them!   I used all my yellows including So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, and even revived More Mustard!  The sentiment is from PTI and the circles from MFT.


Laila got this horse for her birthday LAST year but never really cared much for it.  I had put it away and decided to try it one last time before finding it a new home.  Well, she LOVES it now.   She's tried to take it to bed with her and the other day she even had to ride it outside.  It's too small for her now, so I need to look for a little ride on toy that's more her size and that has the ability to steer!

3 comments:

  1. So not certain how you came up with this but it is cute and it really works -- I don't random stamp well so it wouldn't be something I could even case! Love the colors all together though -- really great idea.

    I think Laila needs a battery powered something -- then you would really be having some fun! Those curls are priceless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool look - all of those little suns in the sky! Guessing that you heated them each/all and then what??? I agree with Tami...enjoyed seeing yours but will not attempt to case! Darling pics of Laila - yes, definitely too small for her but love the pics of her sort of leading it....can't wait to see her on one just her size or a bit bigger! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth dropped open when I saw your card, because I don't normally follow PTI's blogs, videos, etc, but for some reason I watched the video for this technique THIS MORNING! And I was wondering what SU sentiment and SU small stamps I have that I could use that technique with. I LOVE this technique and it really doesn't look all that hard! As far as the little horsie goes, we've found that so often people give kids this kind of toy for their first birthday, but they aren't ready for it yet. One of my daughter's had a "tike bike" by Playskool - this was over 30 years ago. And it was very tiny, but she would ride it all the way around our LONG block. She LOVED it, but my other two never warmed up to that one. You might look into the Fisher Price one that has pedals, so they can ride it like a trike, or they can push it with their feet, and it has a handle to attach and you can push them. I remember my mom pushing my girls on their trikes with a broom!! :-)

    Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)