Saturday, May 10, 2014

Just a fun card!


Finally a card that I DIDN'T have to make!  Yay!   I have really been in the dumps for the past few weeks and haven't wanted to stamp at all.  I decided to try to make something last night and this was my end result.  I made a ton of mistakes and have a trashcan full of messed up paper, but I finally got something I was happy with on attempt #123,255.  ;-)     I used the Wednesday sketch at MFT and their Bokeh Builder set.  MFTWSC175
I feel like I'm in a weird place with my hobby.  I am branching out into some "contraband", but I still love Stampin' Up! and all my demo friends.  You'll probably see a mix of products on my blog for a while as I figure out what my future holds.  I think there's a happy medium that includes the best of all worlds, so that's where I hope to be. 

We actually used our recently purchased zoo membership again yesterday!   It seems like a good place for Laila to enjoy, so we are trying to go before the temperatures get too crazy.  It was still pretty warm yesterday and humid.  Sigh.   I hate Texas summers!   Anyway....  Laila LOVES the carousel and had a bit of a meltdown when we couldn't ride it a million times in a row.   We distracted her by going to feed the giraffes (that's MY favorite part!).   I have a love/hate relationship with zoos, but I love seeing the animals. 

7 comments:

  1. Dear Rita,
    I think all of us have been in a rut, demo or not, especially when you have a young child. Don't despair. You are a terrific inspiration to many and just follow your heart right now. I would hate to lose your blog because I love your posts, but you have to do what's best for you. I for one will still be here for you. Been there, done that! Warmly, Nancy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, this is wonderful! I know what you mean about ZOOS! They do not call them "zoos" for nothing. As for creativity, I think we have all been there from time to time. I think purchasing from many companies keeps things from getting same old same old. Spices things up and helps keep the creativity charged...at least this has been my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you did some stamping just for you. I think there is room for all products on your blog so you go for it! This is a fabulous card - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me just say that sentiment is pretty fantastic and I love how you used the images. And as your Chief Enabler in Charge you know how I feel about using a mix of products! Now I'm off to check out this Bokeh stamp set because this is the first I've seen of it. Who's enabling who?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning!! I love the sentiment you chose for this card and the pretty color combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I'm sorry you have been down in the dumps lately. I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for sharing all of your creative ideas. You are so talented, and I love seeing the cards you make. Great zoo picture! I know what you mean about zoos....I feel the same way. Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your card...colorful and bright - love the saying you used! Sorry that you are still down, just know you will find the light and your happy self again soon! Love the pic of Laila feeding the giraffes....scary but fun! I have also been in a kind of funk in the last few weeks and have not felt like playing with the sneak peek items...and I have to make 20 swap cards for next Saturday...hope I can pull it off and know it will be a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)