Monday, May 5, 2014

Merry Monday Peaceful Season


I have the great pleasure of being the Featured Designer at Merry Monday this month!  We just started hitting ninety degree temperatures, so it feels a bit strange to be making Christmas cards.  :-)   For the first challenge, Katie has created a fun sketch:


I pulled out an old favorite set of mine that I just love.  My former upline gifted it to me a while back and I was oh so thankful.   I love the sentiments so much.   I love blue and silver for Christmas, so here I used Midnight Muse and Smokey Slate.  

Laila has been having a great time outside.  It seems to keep her from fussing too much.  Her 2 year molars are starting to come in and oh boy!   She's not been very pleasant to be around sometimes.  I treasure the sweet snuggles and reading time because she's so sweet and calm then.  :-)

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the blue and silver together and your sequins are the perfect touch!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita the colors you used are rich and gorgeous! You rocked this sketch :) So glad to have you as our Featured Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Rita, I love the blue and silver. So glad you could join us as our Featured Designer this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I LOVE blue and silver for Christmas cards! So happy to have you as our Featured Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Rita, I'm so glad you're going to be our Guest Designer this month! And you've started of beautifully! Love that Midnight Muse and Silver and the sparkle of the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous...so agree with you on the Holiday card colors! This is beautiful!!!! Laila sure is a happy water baby....glad that you have some peaceful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Rita! I love this stamp set too and I especially love the blue & silver! So happy to have you joining us this month at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! Love how the blue just pops on the white. So glad to have you as our Featured Designer, Rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these colors together...beautiful holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning, Rita...I love your dramatic color combo and your choice of images...just perfect! So happy you're joining us this month, even if the temps are 90 and Laila is swimming! We are no where NEAR that point here in PA, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Rita. Love the color combo and the stamp set you used. So glad you were able to join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een gave kaart. Ik heb even op je blog gekeken en zag je je hele mooie kaarten maakt. Mijn complimenten. Groetjes, Nelleke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rita, so lovely to have you along with us as Featured designer. I love what you have done with the sketch, lovely strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is a real stand-out Rita! Love the colors and that is also one of my favorite Christmas sets! It's so great to have you on the team with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome as our Merry Monday Featured designer this month Rita, lovely to have you with us. I love the colours you used for your card, I don't use these colours enough for my Xmas cards, it's such an elegant combination.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)