Monday, May 26, 2014

Merry Monday Cocoa


It's Monday, so I have one more card to share for Merry Monday before my month with them is over.  (Sad face)   It's been fun getting to play in some Christmas challenges when it's super hot outside.  :)   This week Debbie challenged us to use food on our cards.  I couldn't find anything on my stamp shelf that would work, so I went back to my Cameo again.   I hope hot cocoa counts as a food. Maybe if we pretend there's marshmallows in it?  I know I love it around the holidays!  


Jason made a face at my card, so I know it's not quite my usual work.  I had a rough morning running out of adhesive and dealing with a hurting shoulder.  I thought life would be easier to let my Cameo do all the work.  Easier yes, but the results...   Cards definitely need stamping to be liked in our house I guess. 

I hope you'll join us this week and whip up a yummy card! 


Here's Laila cooking some yummy lunch this week. 

15 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with letting the cameo do the work. You came up with the idea. Hot cocoa sounds like food to me - CHOCOLATE!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Cameo card, Rita! It has a lot of texture and the red and white color scheme is fab. It's been great having you on the team this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, I love the textureed background and fun mug of chocolately goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is cute, warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the amount of marshmallows my husband puts in his hot chocolate, I could definitely see this drink being considered food ;) Adorable card Rita!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your cup of cocoa with added marshmellows is perfect, Rita! I love cocoa too! So glad you were able to be our Featured Designer this month and we hope you'll come back and share your artwork with us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think your mug of hot chocolate is just perfect! And of course it has marshmallows in it! I hope your shoulder is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, even if your hubby screwed up his nose at it, I like it! I love my Cameo...why not let it do all the hard work of cutting super-cute shapes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. But of course hot cocoa is a food!!! Love your card and will also miss the Holiday designs! Again Miss Laila is so serious while cooking her lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot chocolate is DEFINITELY a food, especially in this beautiful bright red mug! Love it! So glad you were able to design with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable...both Laila and the card! I agree with everyone else on the marshmallows, the more the better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card, as are all of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great minds think alike Rita! I used cocoa too :) Whipped cream, marshmallows...it's food, right?! Gorgeous card - it's been such a pleasure having you with us this month at Merry Monday :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)