Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Birthday W&W


One of my favorite new companies, Winnie & Walter, are celebrating their first birthday.  How exciting right?   They have some fun challenges going on and I've been trying to play along as I get a chance.   The first one I did was Shay's One challenge to use one of something.  I used one stamp set and one color.    I got distress inks for Christmas and I was so excited to play around with them.   I added some water spots and splattered some diluted white acrylic paint on my background once I'd inked it up.  Fun stuff!   The background has some hearts stenciled on in embossing paste.  It's one of those "simple" cards with lots of steps (and drying time!).   :)

I also use the very awesome current sketch at Retro Sketches.  Love this one!

birthday-bash--challenge-blog-banner


Be sure to come back tomorrow for two fun posts! 


Pictures were acceptable yesterday.  LOL  Toddlers!  

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Rita! I love the look you've created with the distress inks. The splatters make it look like stars in the night sky. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card!! LOVE the blending you did on the background!! BEAUTIFUL BLUES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, love your deep blue card! Really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, love the ink splattered background

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)