Sunday, January 4, 2015

Curtain Call for a Friend


The cats decided that I needed up at 5:30 this morning, so I ended up getting up and stamping.  It's a bit scary to stamp before coffee!  lol   I was inspired by the challenge at Curtain Call and the sketch at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  Curtain Call is sponsered by Altenew and I just got some of their stamps in this week.  Perfect!

I'm a bit bummed as the stamping on my main panel doesn't all show up.  I stamped some of the flowers from Persian Motifs on the background in Grout Gray but it is very subtle and just would not show up in the picture.   I'll have to try some other tricks tomorrow and update my photo if I can get it.

     

I hope your new year has started off great.  I've been working so hard on getting my stamp room cleaned up and organized.  I am still saving up for some die storage and a few other things, but so far it's much better.


I need to figure out how to condense down the Simon Says Stamp card kits and the My Paper Pumpkin kits so I can get rid of all those boxes!  


More stamps still need to find homes as I hate having them stuck on top of the rows like that.  I need to do another purge/eBay weekend. 


I've managed to make a couple cards and kept my desk clean!  It's one of my goals for the year, so we'll see if I can keep it up.  :)   I'm hoping that making a place for everything and getting organized will help!

7 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful. When I click on it to enlarge it, I can see the subtle stamping. Your room looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see the Persian Motifs stamps in the background so I can imagine how gorgeous it looks in real life. Love the white/grey tones to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful I am loving the Sweet Sunday sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on both challenges! love the muted tones with the big, bold sentiment. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I can totally see the background stamps too. And I love the embossed bits peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Persian Motifs in the background! Glad you mentioned it, because I didn't see it at first. I bet it looks fabulous in person! Thanks for lining up to the Curtain Call. Your take on the challenge photo is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing at Curtain Call!! The embossing is a lovely touch - and I love the elegance of the simple black flags.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)