Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Stampin' Up! Four Feathers


It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Jen M is our sketch hostess this week and what a sketch it is.  I was a bit stumped at first, but my card eventually came together.  The more I look at it, the more I love it.  :)  
Distress inks aren't the best for stamping, but I managed to make them work enough for my card.  They were on my desk and provided my inspiration, so I went with it.  lol   I pulled out some of the old Confetti White cardstock from SU. I love this stuff and it gives some interest without actually having to splatter or distress.

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! Four Feathers, Altenew Label Love
Ink:  Distress Inks, Night of Navy
Paper:  SU Confetti White, Night of Navy

We took a little Target trip today and Laila got to shop with a gift card that my mom had sent her.   She has never seen Frozen, but she loves this snowman guy!   We have a cup already that she picked out and now we have this backpack.  lol  I think she might be getting another gift card soon to buy the movie.  Spoiled much?

13 comments:

  1. Your card is So beautiful,Rita!! I love the different shades of blues and the orange dots!!
    She would love the movie,that's for sure!! ;) I already watched it about 4 times and my 10 year old watched it about 15 times!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! ANd I love that she has NOT seen Frozen…that movie and song drive me NUTS hahahaha ;-) Seriously I LOVE this card…and her of course but you knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am loving those blue feathers.....so cool! And I always liked that confetti paper.....must have a few sheets left! I have never seen Frozen either it that will probably change soon......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blue feathers and so handsome! Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita this card is so beautiful! LOVE it! The shades of blue on the feathers are perfect. Are those enamel dots or pearls?
    I could hug Laila - such a cute picture - and I wouldn't mind hugging the snowman too. I love the movie Frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those feathers are just fabulous! And the extra something from that paper is wonderful (same reason I love the Naturals Ivory so much). So thankful my boys missed the Frozen stage....but then I'm stuck with Minecraft, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, I was stumped too! But I love these feathers and I love how you colored them in different shades of blue! Your wanna-be boyfriend Tim gave me a tip about stamping with Distress inks but it's kind of radical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card turned out great. Glad to see someone else gets stuck on a color theme:):) (Mine being pink) Now I'm going hunting for my old stash of confetti card stock. I used stamp on nothing but that! I'm off to try this sketch layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These blues work so well together and the feathers look so good on this sketch! And whenever I see Label Love, I get a little bit envious that I don't own it :) Must rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one, Rita! Those blues are beautiful, and I am in love with that sentiment set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Rita! I love those feather! So fun! All the blue looks great! I really love the yellow enamel dots! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Rita! I keep forgetting about this card stock - it really does add something extra to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have every reason to love this very lovable card! I love the shades of blue that you used and the design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)