Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What's Shaking?


It's Wednesday, which means Freshly Made Sketches day.  Our sketch this week comes from our awesome pilot on the team, Jen Timko.   I decided to try and make my first shaker card.  I am not so sure about it, but I learned some things in the process to make the next one easier.  That's what crafting is all about, right?  Learning and trying new things.  


My creativity and enjoyment of creating is a bit off this week.  Today is the sixth anniversary of the day we lost our sweet boy and my heart feels a little more broken than usual.  I've tried to keep stamping as it's very helpful and calming, but I know not to expect fabulous results.   And that's okay...  it's not about making something that we love every time, but enjoying and savoring the process of being creative.  Such wonderful therapy.  

Sweet Eli.  Forever 5 months, 12 days old.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Rita your card is just gorgeous! Those colours, sentiment and lovely DSP are a fantastic combination. I wish I could fly over and give you a big hug - know that I'm thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super cute card. Thinking of you today and praying for comfort for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing,Rita!! The colors,the sequins,the word die...love it!!!
    I am thinking of you and sending a big hug across the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you, dear friend. I hope you find some comfort this week. In the meantime, your first shaker card is a success! Love the white space and the gorgeous die-cut sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shaker card! Hadn't you acknowledged it I'd never have thought it's your first one. Especially the colors are so beautiful. So sad about your little boy. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am inspired by your spirit and bravery....what a beautiful photo of Eli! Your card is just beautiful! So fresh and I love the colors...consider it pinned!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you Rita and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colors and fresh look of your shaker card! Stamping is definitely good therapy! Thinking of you my friend xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Shaker Card! Like the way your shakers match you designer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Rita! I'm really loving those shaker boxes! The white panel looks great against that sweet patterned paper! Thinking about you and Jason today. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing could be worse than loosing a child! I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Your card doesn't show the pain in your heart though - it is bright and cheerful and seems to point to cheerful days ahead. That is what I hope you find. : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card...cute and fun as always! Losing a child is something no parent should have to do...my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending you hugs and prayers for comfort and peace! XX

    Your shaker card is so pretty! Love the spring like colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that shaker cards really do have a learning curve but I just love the style and colors on this one! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just bursting at the seams with creativity, Rita. I love this shaker card. It's so cheerful and the color scheme is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)