Saturday, November 7, 2015

...and DONE! Yay!!!

So happy!   I stayed up last night and managed to finish my last three cards!   I almost gave up around 9, but one last episode of Private Practice helped me stay and finish.  :)   I had to do fussy cutting, a new technique, and even managed to use an image I colored ages ago but hadn't used.   Whew!  Another year in the books!!

Yvette's challenge was to use construction related materials or stamps for a card.  I looked but we must not be very handy because I couldn't find anything.  I did have this awesome set from Two Paper Divas called You Are a Handy Guy that was perfect! I enjoy coloring these images a lot and cutting them out doesn't bother me at all because I love the look of them.  


This was my card for a try a tutorial from the SCS resource section.  I've been wanting to try the Iris Twist technique for ages, so I went with it!   It wasn't as difficult as I thought and I think the result is so neat!

And finally, Lydia asked us to cross the finish line.  We were to draw a line on our card and have something cross it.   I had colored this crazy bird back at the beginning of the challenges and hadn't had a chance to use her on anything.  I decided she was perfect for the finale.

Thanks for visiting and seeing all the cards from the past five weeks!  I hope they inspired you and I hope you will join in next year and make some of your own!

10 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing for sure! What an amazing body of work you have done! And that birdie crossing the line is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those crazy birds. Great coloring on her. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - that card with the Iris twist??? That is amazing!!!! You are so talented! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout and coloring using this set. Wonderful masculine card Rita! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done SO many cards and they are all just right!! Great images and coloring, perfect colors and patterns - LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection of card designs Rita.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great masculine card Rita. Love the layout and the coloring is amazing! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this "guy" card!!! Beautiful coloring job and great layout!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)