Thursday, October 13, 2011

Catalog Inspiration: Stitched Stocking


One of the questions I get a lot as a demonstrator is where I come up with my ideas.   For those of you who visit frequently, you know I love participating in various challenge blogs.   I really enjoy starting out with a sketch and have quite a few of them printed out to use as a reference.   If that sounds like too much work, you have inspiration right at your fingertips!  If you look at the front of your Stampin' Up! catalog, you should notice that it doesn't just say catalog; it is also an idea book!  There are so many gorgeous samples that you can copy or use as inspiration.   You might like the design of one, the colors of another, and an embellishment you find on yet another one!   I kept it simple with this one and copied a card from the Holiday Mini catalog.  You can find it on page 34 of your catalog and here's what it looks like:


I did change mine to a normal A2 card and, but other than that, it is pretty much the same!   Cool, huh?

Stamps:  Stitched Stockings, Bright Hopes
Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Brights DSP stack, Flirtatious DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Stocking Builder Punch, paper snips, White baker's twine

2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)