Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone has managed to save some candy for the kids tonight.  :o)     I'm sneaking out to dinner with my dear husband and hiding out from all the scary monsters.   Our kitties get so stressed over the doorbell and will sometimes try to run out the door, so it is just better for us to avoid the whole candy thing.    I do miss seeing the kids in costume, but I usually catch a glimpse of them out the window after we get home.  


This Friday is my Girls' Night Out stamp club, so I worked on our first project this weekend.   I hope they will love Gently Falling as much as I do.   I modified last week's Just Add Ink card to work for club and Thanksgiving and I love it!   I don't use Pumpkin Pie a lot, but it looks pretty amazing with Early Espresso!   Per the request of one of the members, we'll be making this card from scratch.  It will be different for me to not be pre-cutting everything, but I hope it will help them learn how to utilize their supplies. :)   I have a nice cheat sheet started in My Digital Studio for them, so it should be pretty easy to put together.  

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Woodgrain 
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Squares Duo, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Color Spritzer, Pumpkin Pie 1/4 grosgrain ribbon


Jason and I carved our pumpkins and got them all ready to shine for Halloween.   I think they turned out pretty good this year.  Mine is on the left and his on the right.   I really love carving them; I think more holidays should involve carving up things.  :)    This year we also roasted the seeds from them and they are delicious!


4 comments:

  1. Love the simple classic look of your card - great colors! And you pumpkins are frightfully delightful! You guys are pros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! The pumpkins are awesome too!! Don't eat all of the pumpkin seeds at one sitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha Holidays and carving! Never thought about it that way! Great pumpkins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! Pumpkin Pie does look fabulous with Early Espresso. Love that stamp framed in the scallop square. And great job on those pumpkins! Soooooooooooo scary!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)