Monday, October 10, 2011

PP67: French Foliage


I've been so busy with classes and clubs for the past two weeks and missed out on doing my challenges.   Last night I decided to take some time to play along with The Paper Players.  It has been a while since I got to play along with them on this side of things and I've missed it.   Jaydee is the hostess this week and presented a fun color challenge.   I was a bit stumped at first because the only Bravo Burgundy I had was a scrap of ribbon and a marker.   That's why they call it a challenge though, right?  :)    


Here's what I came up with; isn't it pretty?    I was in a mood to really spend some time on a card last night, so this one has lots of things going on.   I brayed the embossing folders, added some distressing and spritzing (totally channeling Ann), and fussy cut some leaves.    I think it was well worth the time and has a bit of a wow factor when you hold it and look over all the details and feel the texture.   I used last week's Mojo Monday sketch, but not in time to submit it.   

I hope you enjoyed my card today.   I know I had a blast making it.   :)

Stamps:  French Foliage, Tiny Tags
Ink:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Bravo Burgundy (marker)
Paper:  More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper and Square Lattice embossing folders, Cutter Kit, Jewelry Tag punch, Scallop Edge border punch, brayer, color spritzer tool,  sponges, linen thread, Bravo Burgundy ribbon (retired)

11 comments:

  1. Wow! BEAUTIFUL! I love all the texturing. Perfect use of the colors. Thanks for sharing this incredible creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There IS lots of fabby goodness on this beauty, Rita! Texture, distressing and spritzing, oh my! (I liked that Mojo sketch and ran out of time, too! Lol) So many beautiful details and I just love how you showcased the colors. Thanks for joining the Paper Players! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Love all the colors and textures. I was in the same boat...no Bravo Burgundy. Had to borrow a sheet from a friend and pull out the marker. It works out every time though. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful Rita. I love it!!! So much texture and distressing and all the different elements work wonderfully together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS very pretty....I haven't played with this set enough this season, I need to get it out! I love all the texture & detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For only having a scrap of ribbon and a marker you did an amazing job! Love the double layers of embossing and your leaf collage is gorgeous! So glad you could play along with us this week--it's always a joy to see your creations, Rita! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I love your card! It's really beautiful, I fancy all the details you've put in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rita! You are amazing with one strip of ribbon and a marker...wowza! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Rita! I love the texture and the spritzing! The tiny tag is the perfect touch! You channel so well! lol Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, considering you were stumped... this card is gorgeous. I love just the little touches of Bravo Burgundy. You managed to create so much texture on this fabulous card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week.
    Hugs, my friend,
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. I love your multiple embossed textures. It gives the card such a rich autumn feel. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)