Tuesday, October 11, 2011

FMS6: Bright Hopes



It's time for another sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This one has a lot of fun elements, so I think you'll have a blast playing along with us!   Lauri Ingram is our featured designer this week, so be sure to stop by her blog to say hello.   She has some gorgeous clean cards on her blog and I love her beautiful creations.  


Here is my second take on the sketch.  I'll show you the first one in a bit.  :)     Jen Timko, one of my fellow design team members, made some beautiful cards with the Bright Hopes stamp set and I had to have it after seeing them.   Isn't it gorgeous?  It is such an elegant set of stamps and one I know I'll be using for years to come.   I paired the set with some equally elegant colors, River Rock and Cherry Cobbler.   I love how it turned out!  I haven't purchased the Cherry Cobbler embossing powder yet, so I did the next best thing and inked my stamp with Cherry Cobbler, then Versamark, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. It gives it a much richer look than simply stamping it in Cherry Cobbler alone. 

Stamps:  Bright Hopes
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Paper:  River Rock, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Neutrals Designer Paper stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Northern Frost Decorative Strip die, heat tool, clear embossing powder, embossing buddy, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Basic Rhinestones


This was my first card for the sketch.   I think it turned out nice, but it wasn't quite what I wanted for the challenge.   I do love non-traditional colors for Christmas and I can't say that I've seen many pink and brown ones.  :)    Greeting Card Kids is such an adorable set of stamps and I'm so glad I finally purchased it.   

Stamps:  Greeting Card Kids
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Whisper White, 2010 In Color Hostess stack (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Fancy Favor die (for the border), Backgrounds #1 Texturz plates, Northern Frost Decorative Strip die, blender pen, mica flakes, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon (retired), In Color Glimmer brads

Be sure to stop and say hello to my fellow designers:

12 comments:

  1. Ok lady, these are some gorgeous cards! Of course I love the pink one (that goes without saying) but the holiday card is stunning! So crisp and clean. Beautiful! Oh, I liked it so much I *pinned* it! Ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both Rita! Love how you used River Rock with the Cherry Cobbler and the pink and brown for Christmas is fabulous! Great color combos - fresh and new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! They're both BEAUTIFUL! I love the first one. It's so rich and elegant with those colors, and that's the most fabulous bow! The second is just adorable, and the pinks and browns are lovely with it. Thanks so much for sharing these incredible creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rita--I love them both!! River Rock and Cherry Cobbler are soooo elegant together and a perfect match to that gorgeous stamp. The snowman is snow much fun! Love it with the embossing folder! Hope you don't mind if I case it for my xmas class too! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is pure elegance Rita, what a fabulous comination River rock and Cherry Cobbler is together, love that gorgeous tree stamp too ... love everything about it!
    Oh, and your pink and brown card is super adorable, your colouring is perfection and the pretty mica flakes are the perfect finishing touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunninnnng Rita. Love them both, but love the first one more. Colour combo is gorgeous together - really elegant. Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about the first card! River Rock and Cherry Cobbler are two of my favorite colors and they are perfect here! The second card is so unexpected but yet so wonderful! So glad you posted both! Glad I enabled you to get Bright Hopes...now I can CASE you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so beautiful Rita! I love the elegance of the second one and the playfulness of the first. I like non-traditional colors for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are stunning. Love the colour combo on the FMS6 card, the christmas tree stamp is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both cards Rita but that green card has me ordering that set! It is STUNNING! Love the colours and the DSP. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, wow - I just love the richness of that first card. It looks so regal with that glorious color combination and that stamp set! And I just adore the second card you made as well. I love non-traditional colors and this card of yours with that precious little girl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both absolutely beautiful Rita!
    You definitely have the knack of creating stunning Christmas cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)