Wednesday, October 26, 2011

FMS8: Gently Falling


Time for a new challenge from Freshly Made Sketches!   Our featured designer this week is Holly Endress from HollyBeary Creations.  Be sure to drop by and say hello!   This sketch really has endless possibilities, so I can't wait to see all the wonderful creations this week.    


I hope you'll like my take on the sketch.  I tried a different arrangement of leaves to make it a bit more like the sketch, but I ultimately gave up and went with this arrangement.   I enjoyed borrowing this set so much that I ordered my own over the weekend.  I just know my club ladies will LOVE it as much as I do, so I had to get it so they could try it too!

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede
Paper:  Spice Cake DSP, Neutrals DSP stack, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Tools/Accessories:  Paper Snips, Linen Thread

13 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful Rita! I love your use of colours and dsp on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita gorgeous color combo card and pool party is fast becoming one of my favorite colors! So different to see it used as FALL, but I love it and have done so myself! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did comment on this via phone but I don't see my comment, so I will try again! You have created another beautiful card Rita. I love the warm, rich colours and the neutrals pack looks amazing. I was wondering what that DSP was! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just amazed how gorgeous Pool Party is for fall (and Christmas!) - especially here with Soft Suede! Who knew? This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is so beautiful, Rita. Clean, crisp and modern. I, too, am loving the Pool Party used with traditional fall colors. Such a striking combination. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, this is such a fabulous card. The colors are so wonderful together! I know you're going to love this stamp set once you get your own. I keep it right next to me on my desk in case I get the urge to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, your take on the sketch was absolutely the right one.... also... I am totally in LOVE with this color scheme. LOVE IT!!!! I also love that you did the banner sentiment over the striped layer. Gorgeous
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Rita! I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this set great? So glad to hear you ordered your own - I saw so many wonderful things with it that I knew I had to get it. I really love what you did with it! the Pool Party and Soft Suede combination is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, love these colors together and Love the leaves! Super Thank You card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your arrangement and all those l leaves too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)