Sunday, October 30, 2011

Play Date Cafe #105


The Play Date Cafe had a wonderful inspiration photo this week and I just had to play along.   I am more than  a little obsessed with any kind of coffee drink, so it took me a bit to quit looking at the picture and actually work on my card!   Don't those look yummy?    Anyway, on the the card....

I'll start by saying that I don't do vintage.  It is totally outside my comfort zone and I find it very confusing.  Distressing?  I end up way more distressed than the paper!  However, I love to challenge myself so I recently purchased the Distressing Essentials kit.   I pulled out my tea stain ink and started swiping, wiping, and crumbling like an old pro.   I hope I managed to achieve a vintage feel to it.  Any suggestions or comments from you vintage professionals?  I'm so happy that Stampin' Up! decided to carry this set over through June.   I had no idea I was such a fan of nautical things until I got it.  

I hope you enjoyed my card today!  I'm off to start some pizza dough and get ready for some football!  Go Texans!   

Stamps:  The Open Sea, Something to Celebrate (retired)
Ink:  Marina Mist, Crumb, Cake, Chocolate Chip, Tea Stain Distress ink
Paper:  Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:   Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Distressing Essentials Kit, Mini Brads - silver, 2 1/2 circle punch, Chocolate Chip 1 1/4 striped ribbon (retired), paper snips

13 comments:

  1. Distressing is my arch nemesis. It's so "in" right now and I'm so bad at it. Your card is beautiful so you're way ahead of the game, my friend.

    xo B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another set I've been thinking I need... to add to my collection! It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super masculine card, love the colours and embossed panel.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card - love that boat! Have it and should get it out again.Should have gotten the matching paper. Oh well. P.S. don't do distress studd; you've more courage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! You did a great job with distressing, you'd never know that it doesn't come naturally to you by the looks of this card! What a great masculine card! I may just have to get this set now after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I love every single bit of this one! The clean design, all of the stripes and that fussy cut anchor....Ahoy Matey, you rocked this one! That distressed background looks fabulous. Great job!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Those stripes are perfect to go with your image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card, really like the new emboss folder so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops.. I forgot to say you did a great job on distressing, the same happened to me did get my attention, now I want to use it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you should do vintage more often, Rita, because this is FABULOUS! Such a great, guy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to use these colors. I love how you've combined everything, it's perfect. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous masculine card! Love the ship and that anchor, perfect :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)