Wednesday, October 19, 2011

FMS7: Glitter Stocking


It's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   We have another wonderful featured designer, Sandra Azzopardi, joining us this week, so be sure to stop by her blog and say hello!   It actually took me a bit to find my card for this post!   I knew I'd be in Florida and tired from the trip, so I made my card quite a while ago.  I didn't want to have to stress about it when I got home and drive my poor husband crazy.   I would probably make something totally different now; I must have been in a traditional Christmas mood when I put this together.  :) 


Red and green galore!  I love the glitter paper; isn't it gorgeous?   I wish I could wrap myself in it!   I used a lot of the different patterns from the Brights designer series paper stack for this one.  I love that stuff!    I feel like I have used it so much and still have so much more left to work with!   I used some of my favorite embellishments, buttons, baker's twine, and mini jingle bells to add a fun, festive feel.   Hopefully I can stand to get it away with all those on there.  :)

Stamps:  none
Ink:  none
Paper:  Brights DSP stack, Red glitter paper, Old Olive, Real Red
Tools/Accessories:  Stocking builder punch, circle punches, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Brights buttons, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, mini jingle bells

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team made to inspire you this week!

14 comments:

  1. I love the glitter! Fabulous Christmas card! So glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love the colours and the glitter. The buttons and the bell are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I just got my stocking stamp set yesterday and need to play with it and my punch!!! I love that glitter paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, I love this! I hope I get a chance to play this week too! Hope you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is rich looking Rita! Love the glimmer of the stocking and the sweet buttons. Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glitterlicious, lady. I'm glad you had a nice trip!

    hugs,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the glitter, very nice Christmas colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously...are you going to make me get that punch??!! The sparkle is perfect and I like the traditional Christmas in this! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, this is a great card! And I've only just discovered how great the glitter paper is so I totally agree that it's gorgeous. Now you've made me think that I need that punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply gorgeous Rita ...I love the tiny detailing on your stocking with the bell and the twine, and love your use of the patterned paper too ... I just don't use enough of it ... thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, this is fantastic! Love that pop of pink and the sparkle. (that goes without saying, right?) The mini jingle bell is such a sweet touch! I also am diggin' the "stamp free" card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card and the fact that you didn't use any stamps rocks! Love that glimmer paper too, it really makes the card pop! Hope your trip to FL was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I DO love the glitter paper! This card is so, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card, Rita! I love how the buttons are placed around the circle...a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)