Friday, October 14, 2011

Catalog Inspiration: Bright Hopes


Yesterday I posted a card that I copied from the Holiday Mini Catalog.   For today, I wanted to share another card inspired by the catalog, but this one is a bit different.   I loved the card on page 23 of the catalog, but I didn't have the stamp set that I'd need to recreate it.   Instead, I looked at it and decided what parts I could do exactly and what I'd need to find in my supplies to do the rest.   Looking at the image panel, I knew I'd need something to stamp in the background and a large sentiment of some sort.  I looked over my stamps and decided to go with my new favorite, Bright Hopes, for the background image.  My largest Christmas sentiment was from the hostess set in the Holiday Mini, Warmest of Wishes, so I decided to use that as well.

Here's the original card:

It's not quite the original card, but it is still gorgeous!  Well, I think so anyway.  :)   I am enjoying the inspiration I'm getting from the catalog, so stay tuned for more cards.  I'd love for you to try one too!  If you do, be sure to come back and post a link to your blog or online gallery so we can all go check out your beautiful work!

Stamps:  Warmest of Wishes, Bright Hopes
Ink:  River Rock, Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Fancy Fan Letterpress plate, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, heat tool, clear embossing powder, basic pearls, Cherry Cobbler seam binding

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rita! Love the pearl bauble and the stamps you used. SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Rita. I love the colours you've chosen and the way you've used the pearls. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)