Friday, October 21, 2011

JAI 90: Sketch Challenge


First, I apologize for the lack of posts this week.  It's been one of those weeks mentally and my heart just wasn't in trying to create anything.   I decided to try making something today and here's my second card of the day.   The first one you'll have to wait on.  :)   My upline, Denise, was kind enough to lend me her Gently Falling stamp set so I've been putting it to work.   I'll definitely be sad to give this one back next week!  How gorgeous is that leaf?   I normally hate 2-step stamps as they don't fit completely in the lines, but I think I could manage to get over that with this one.  :)   Anyway, I thought it would be great for the sketch over at Just Add Ink.  I don't own an oval die, so I hope it was okay that I used a square!

Stamps:  Gently Falling, en Francais, Tiny Tags, Woodgrain
Ink:  Soft Suede, Pool Party, More Mustard
Paper:  More Mustard, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Squares duo die, Jewelry Tag punch, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, sponges

12 comments:

  1. Rita, stop it. I love every single one of your cards! And this is no exception. Gorgeous! I think you should buy your own. It's just beautiful. And I love it that eventhough it's a 2-step, being a bit off gives it more character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour combo you chose is stunning especially Pool Party with Soft Suede. I love your take on the sketch for JAI. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the scalloped square instead of an oval Rita, it looks great! I love the way you've stamped the leaf down the side of the card. The en francais in mustard over the top of the pool party looks absolutely gorgeous too. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card, Rita! I love all the little details. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and this is yet another reason NOT to get this set...LOL!!! Absolutely gorgeous color combo and that bow is perfection. Love everything about this one, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and a sketch is to inspire not necessarily to be taken literally. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, how cool to see you are NOT afraid of mixing it with colour. I would never have thought to put Pool Party with that mix, but boy, it works well. Thanks for palying at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card, and I love this stamp as well! Thanks for playing along at JAI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Rita. I love this colour combo and how you have changed up the sketch and used a square instead of the oval. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Rita! I love the Pool Party ribbon...it is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of colours on your card Rita. Congrats on your top pick at JAI! Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty! No wonder it won the JAI challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)