Sunday, October 2, 2011

PP66: The Sound of Music


LeAnne at the Paper Players has a super fun challenge for everyone this week to add music to their project or create something inspired by your favorite song.  Anne Marie was having a busy week, so I have the pleasure of stamping in her place this week.  For my card, I decided to use one of my favorite songs, which was also our wedding song 7 years ago, A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson.    


For my card, I used Elements of Style, a stamp set that I have not been a fan of in the past.   I thought the sentiment really worked for my idea, so I borrowed it from a friend and gave it a shot.    I did have fun coloring it in with my blender pens, so I can say that I like it more now than I did before.  :)   I'm not sure how well you can see the butterfly, but it is gorgeous in real life.  It adds a bit of dimension and interest to the image panel.  Our wedding colors were plum and silver, but seeing as how I don't yet own those, I went with a mix of purples and white.   I wanted a very clean, somewhat simple card that really said "Us".

Stamps:  Elements of Style
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Beautiful Butterflies die, basic pearls, blender pens


Here we are back on March 13, 2004.   We had no idea how much our lives would change or that each "moment" might not always be a happy one.  In spite of those bad moments, we've stuck together and survived the loss of my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, and our only child.  I feel very loved each and every day and I could never find someone who is as perfect for me as my dear Jason.   His support and kindness are never ending and I love him with all my heart and soul.

I hope you enjoyed my card and didn't laugh too much at my old picture.  I'd love for you to play along with us this week!

18 comments:

  1. your card is stunning!! Nice picture of you together on your weddingday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. I happen to love this set too. You did a fabulous job with the colors! Thought your picture was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved to hear the story behind your inspiration for this gorgeous card! I feel as you do about Elements of Style but this card just might turn me around. Your coloring is gorgeous and I love how the image on butterfly matches up with the background--it's just gorgeous! As is your wedding day pic! So great to be stamping with you again this week, Sassy-Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, as always, Rita! I loved the story behind the card! We are so fortunate to have you as our "sassy sub"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, you have such a loving soul, thanks so much for sharing this with us. Your card is BEAUTIFUL and I saw the butterfly right away....adds just such a delightful surprising touch. You are such a beautiful couple too..God doesn't always promise us sunshine and blue skies but He does promise He will never leave or forget us. You are so blessed to have your dear hubby in your life! And thanks for making such a great card using my musical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful (love the butterfly) and your wedding picture delightful~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, this card is just gorgeous! Your colors and design are just perfect. It is so fitting once you hear your inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing with us. You're an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, I actually double checked that I had clicked on to your blog (and not someone elses) when I saw this card. I couldn't believe it was yours!!! :)
    Anyway it's very, very beautiful.
    I love the colours you've chosen for it and the embossing and butterfly.
    I'm so glad you have a wonderful supportive husband who loves you Rita. It was wonderful to see a beautiful photo of you both on your blog.
    Lots of hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rita,
    Another gorgeous creation, I love the purples and the butterflies. Thanks for sharing your wedding photo...
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita your card is GORGEOUS! So glad you mentioned the butterfly, I enlarged it and... WOW .. how clever! Just beautiful, and congrats on your happy years of marriage. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, This card is absolutely stunning! I love the new purple colors and how you stamped the butterfly to blend with the flowers. I have been wanted to dig into the purple now you have inspired me to bring it out. I am so glad you wrote about your inspiration for your card. Love the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! Elements of Style has always been a favorite of mine, but I've never seen it used so well. Your coloring is fabulous, and thanks for pointing out the butterfly. It was so well done that I did not see it in the photo. What a wonderful detail! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely AMAZING, Rita. The way that butterfly is camouflaged in amongst the flowers is spectacular! A truly stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had a lot of losses, especially your child and found love and someone to share your soul with. Thank you for sharing this story and how you came up with the idea for your beautiful and inspiring card. Beautiful people make beauty shine around them and you've certainly succeeded here. Thanks Rita for the inspiration and the butterfly........she's beautiful and amazing like you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rita, I absolutely LOVE how this came together! The punched butterfly within the stamped image is sheer genius! The embossed background adds the perfect amount of elegance and class, too. WOW!! Love your wedding photo, too. You two make a great couple!

    Thank you so much this week! I truly think you were destined to do this challenge because you rocked it beautifully, my friend. Sending you a big Texas hug and an even bigger Texas "thank you" in the mail really soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Rita. The coloring is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your story. We can't possibly know what life has in store for us, but you are blessed that you have someone special to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Rita - this is just stunning! I love what you did with this stamp set and that butterfly is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so very, very beautiful that I don't know what else to say! Your treatment of the butterfly is exquisite!

    Cheers!
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)