Wednesday, October 17, 2012

FMS57: LeAnne's Sketch


Today at Freshly Made Sketches one of our fabulous guest designers for the month, LeAnne, created the sketch.   Isn't it fabulous?  So versatile and good for any type of occasion.  Since we are so close to Halloween, I decided to focus on that for my card, plus I needed a card for another Hope You Can Cling To challenge.  This challenge was from Judy and here's her description:  My challenge to you is a reminder! Get 'em mashed, squooshed, photographed, x-rayed, and checked! And to that end, we will be sharing creations inspired by "The Monster Mash"!


I don't have the super fun Ghoulish Googlies, but I was able to bum it from my sweet downline Shannon to make this card.   I thought lil' Frankie was perfect for the Monster Mash theme.   I did switch the image side for my card, but that's the fun of sketch challenges, right?!  

Stamps:  Ghoulish Googlies, Tiny Tags
Ink:  Staz On Black, Pear Pizzazz marker
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Whisper White, Wicked Fun DSP (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Pennants die, Chevron embossing folder, 2 1/2 circle punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Basic Black 1/4 grosgrain ribbon (retired)


Here's our little family at the local pumpkin patch yesterday.   I'll have more of Laila to share in the next week or so.  I'm not sure she knew what was going on poor dear.  It was pretty warm here, so I'm hoping it will cool off a bit so that we can go again.  

14 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card Rita. Love your monster and your colour combo. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just too sweet Rita - and I know it isn't supposed to be, but gee, it's too cute not to be adorable.

    Great pic of your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Rita...love your little ghoul....oh, and your little girl too! It would be fun to take a picture every year in the same place...then you'll be able to see how she grew from year to year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really is perfect for the monster mash!! Thanks for reminding everyone of this important check!! Super use of the sketch and an awesome card!! Love, love that picture of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with this sketch, Rita! I'm humming the Monster Mash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I love your Halloween creation - that combination of polka dots and chevron is awesome! And thanks for sharing your family picture - love those pumpkin patch pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankie looks adorable! I love how you did the circles on the bottom half. Must remember that look for future use!

    And it looks like a fun day at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Rita! I love the chevron embossing! And I adore those ghoulies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! The colors look great together, and then the chevrons and polka dots put me over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool monster card Rita - great DSPs too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this card ... love that halloween image and your colours and papers are perfect!
    And, an awesome family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Rita! This is such a cute card! It is soooo fun! I love the circular paper!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)