Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Times the Fun!


Pink again?!  That's what I'm saying anyway...  I had some papers left on my desk from a previous card, so I decided to use them to make a card for Taylor's Hope You Can Cling To challenge.  Here's what she asked us to do:  When I think about breast cancer, and breast cancer awareness....I think doubles (for obvious reasons). My challenge to you today is to have TWO times the fun...with a little catch. Everything you use on your card, you have to use TWO of, but they must be slightly different. Two different patterned papers, two different buttons, two different ribbons, two different stamps (a stamp and a sentiment counts), etc. 

I'm not sure that I quite made it, but I tried. I used two different DSPs, two stamp sets, two techniques, two dies, and two flags.  I did use 2 different types of rhinestones, but I think I broke the rules by using 2 black ones and one normal one.  :/    The bicycle and sentiment are from a CTMH set that the lovely ladies at Black Tie Friday's gifted me for being their first entry.   You should try to go play along as they are such nice ladies over there.  I did use the sketch at iSpy Sketches again for this one too!  

Stamps:  Netting background, It's Your Day (CTMH)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Neutrals and Subtles DSP stacks
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die (retired), 3-inch circle die, Rhinestones, Color Spritzer, Sanding Block


This weekend we tried on the pants that her Aunt Crista made for her.  I think they are more like Capri pants now!  She is getting too long for everything.   Even her six month sleepers are getting short, so I went shopping yesterday for some cute nine month ones.  Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for pink cards! I love this one Rita, but I'm pretty sure that goes without saying. Lol! Loving those owl capris on little miss. But what is with her sour puss? Smile Laila...your outfit is rockin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a tough challenge, but you totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)