Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Going Postal with FMS


I'm getting so behind on my Hope You Can Cling To challenges, but thankfully one of them worked perfectly with Cindy's awesome sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week.    When you go by the challenge blog, you'll see how versatile this sketch can be!  Mary's HYCCT challenge description is sad, but also a touching way to honor her friend.  Here's what she wrote:  This has been a very rough year for many of my friends. Since January 5 of of my friends have been diagnosed, 4 are currently doing good but my one very dear friend died. She was 46. I met her because she was the post mistress of a small post office that I always went to mail my swaps. We struck up a friendship and she joined my stamping team. She was one of those wonderful people who never met a stranger and is missed beyond belief.  So...in honor of her and all the lives she touched..."let's lick this thing". Make a card inspired by postage or the mail!

I didn't own anything to make postage (where are those darn scissors when you need them?), so I opened up My Digital Studio and found the postage punch.   I added a bit of text for the 44 and printed it out.  I am starting to enjoy making there hybrid cards.   I do have to say that this was the first time I think I'd used Raspberry Ripple and now I'm a fan.  It looks amazing with Crumb Cake...or I think so anyway!   


It actually got a bit chilly down here in Texas towards the end of last week so we had to bundle up a little!  I wish I knew how to share a video from Facebook on here.  She found her voice this week and has been super chatty.  It's adorable!

11 comments:

  1. What a touching story and a great way to remember that special person! Your postage stamp card looks GREAT! I do like that color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the market on adorable today - your card and your kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita! Love your card! Those little bird images are adorable and I love the bold red (raspberry) with the crumb cake! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card as always Rita however I do check your blog more now for pics of your adorable daughter. She looks so much like you. I met you years ago at Denise's house but you probably don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rita! I love those birds and cages! Love the colours you've chosen and pretty much everything about the card!!! Laila is beautiful as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita- this is such a gorgeous card - I'm in love with Raspberry Ripple too! It looks fabulous teamed with crumb cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love what you have done with the little postage images! This is simply fantastic!! (seems like we were both in a Crumb Cake mood this week) Just loving all the pictures of Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous postage card Rita! I just love that aviary set and what a perfect way to showcase it!
    Laila is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card and baby update :) Thanks for your inspiration at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to commemorate your friend, Rita. I love your card, and, yes, the Raspberry Ripple is awesome on the Crumb Cake. Beautiful card to remember beautiful friends. You are a very special person.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)