Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Brrrthday!


I am still trying to catch up with the Hope You Can Cling to challenges.  This is yesterday's challenge from Patricia and here's her description of her challenge: Let's make humorous cards using stitching (hand, machine, or faux) as an embellishment.  Any type of humor is fine - jokes, puns, silliness, whatever makes you giggle! Just be sure to embellish your card with some sort of stitching. 

This was a bit difficult for me as I didn't really have anything that I thought of as silly.  After looking online for some funny animals or owl puns, I finally saw this card on Zazzle and thought I could do something with that idea.  I found a free wintery font and opened up My Digital Studio and got to work!   I printed off a sheet with the sentiment and the stitching and then added a punched out penguin and balloon.  Hopefully it's silly enough for the challenge!  

Stamps:  NONE
Ink:  (printer only)
Paper:  Island Indigo, Whisper White, Basic Black
Tools/Accessories:   My Digital Studio, Owl Builder punch, 3/4 circle punch, Dazzling Details


I can tell her daddy dressed her on this day because of the bow.  He thinks she looks cute in them so he'll usually try to find one that matches.   So much for my no bow rule!

4 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed catching up with you, Rita! And Laila is such a little beauty! I love this penguin with his sparkly balloon! Into my CASE file. LOL, I need to just set up a RITA folder! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sentiment with the little penguin! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable....oh, the card is too! FUNNY!!! I love it! If you knew how cold I was most of the time you would know this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! The sentiment is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)