Friday, October 19, 2012

Text Me a Butterfly


I'm tempted to just post the picture for this one and run away.   What a challenging challenge!   I got an idea in my head and then it just wouldn't work!   I changed out papers and added layers...it was an all day event! I finally gave up and this is what was left.  lol   I used the sketch from iSpy Sketches and Theresa's HYCCT challenge:  My challenge to you today is to simply make a card that FEATURES TEXT in some way in your creation. Use a stamp, patterned paper or even pages from a book, but use text somewhere and have a little bit of fun creating a card that will be well received.

Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases
Ink:  Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Paper:  Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, First Edition DSP, Subtles and Neutrals DSP stacks
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, Scallop circle and circle dies, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Black Rhinestones (retired)


We got dressed up and went out shopping yesterday.   It lasted for a whole 30 minutes before the crying started, but we were out.  I'm really starting to struggle with depression from being stuck in the house so much.  It seems like so much work to get things together for us to go out, but I'm going to have to work on doing it more often.  Today we went to Target and she did great!  It was a quick trip, but again, we were out! Now if we can just get this nap situation back under control...   I guess I shouldn't complain too much about her short naps as she's been sleeping all night, but it's rough to not have a break all day!  If you smell me through the computer, it's because I haven't showered today!   :)

3 comments:

  1. Great color combo. And I like the mix of text and the butterfly. It's very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I love all your cards! And as far as feeling down goes, as moms, we've all "been there" feeling cooped up in the house all the time! Is there a mom's group where you can go where babies are welcome? I'd recommend MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) that often meets at churches. It's a GREAT program, and you can keep your baby with you when they're little like yours. My daughter Kim just started going, and she was nervous about putting her little girl in the nursery because of her serious food allergies, but the snacks were Nora-friendly and Nora did GREAT, and they both enjoyed some time out! Please find SOMEONE to get out and talk to - another mom with a young baby (or a mom of a slightly older baby) would be ideal. But if you're really getting depressed, get help!

    I wish you lived closeby - I'd love to watch the wee one while you get out for an hour or so by yourself! HUGS!!!

    Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)