Monday, October 1, 2012

Hopeful Leaf

Tonight I sat down to work on a card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges at Splitcoast Stampers.  I love that they are posting a new challenge each day this month and then having us send the cards we make to the MD Anderson Cancer Center.  That's here in Houston, so of course I want to do as many of the challenges as I can!  Jason's mom received some care there before she passed away so we are very familiar with them and the good work that they do.  


Do you remember this sketch?  I used it for my FMS one year celebration card a few weeks ago.  I remember when I first saw it originally on the blog.  My first thought was 'man, I'm glad I'm on a break so that I don't have to do THAT one'.   :)   Now it's kind of my favorite sketch...  Funny how things change, right?   


Here's my card for the first challenge that was presented by Lydia.  We were asked to make a card that reflects us and our stamping style.  I have no clue how I'd define my style, so I tried to think of a few elements that I enjoy putting on my cards.  I love mixing embossing folders to give a card several different texture elements.   I also love using nontraditional colors for my stamps.   Finally, I like a nice clean card.  I do some sponging and distressing sometimes, but I prefer them to be clean.   Here's what I ended up with once I put it all together.  :)   I even used my favorite DSP, Spice Cake.  

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Falling Leaves (retired)
Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Spice Cake DSP (retired and hoarded)
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Woodgrain  and Stripes embossing folders, Neutrals buttons, Pool Party Baker's Twine


I went shopping yesterday and came home to find Laila in this cute outfit.   It was one of the first ones I bought for her and I love it.  Her daddy did a great job getting her all cute and ready to watch football.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful inspiration Rita!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Rita! Love the colors and the layout! Little Miss in her sassy pink giraffe outfit is the cutest ever! Love that little smark on her face. Sassafrass!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Rita. One of your best!!!
    Love the colours you've used, the dsp and embossing.
    Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reflects you perfectly!! Lovely, elegant and so wonderful!! I am in love with this card!! I agree with Kathy, it might be a favorite...although I seem to think that all the time with your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! And I had to laugh when I read your note about the DSP being "retired and hoarded" because I hoarded this one,too! I really wish it hadn't retired... It's one of my favorites and I was glad to see someone still using using it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)