Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Mashup Flowers

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Faux Washi Tape".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "Sketch and Faux Washi Tape".

Tara is our hostess this week at The Friday Mashup and she challenged us with a technique and this cool sketch!  I didn't manage to mash mine up as I couldn't find the tape in our house, but if you want to, you can find the tutorial here.  


I had an idea for this card in my head for over a week but couldn't find the stamp set.   I finally found it the other day which was great because I didn't really have any other ideas!   It didn't translate quite how I pictured it, but I guess it's still okay.   

Stamps:  Inspired by Nature
Ink: Versamark
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, First Edition DSP, scraps for the flags
Tools/Accessories:  Heat Tool, black embossing powder, Scallop Edge punch, Neutrals buttons


I am a bit obsessed with cone flowers, so here's some I took a picture of at the arboretum the other day.  :)  


She just keeps growing so fast.  I'm afraid prom is just around the corner!  Ha! 

4 comments:

  1. Rita,
    I pinned your card (and probably so many others to my pinterest Cards I love board). Pinterest gave me the option of pinning a pic of your sweet little girl. I was tempted to start a new board babies to love. I am beginning to think I check out your blog for the updates pics of your little one more than the cards! She is adorable and thank you for sharing your big(little)joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Rita! My husband loves it too - he very rarely comments on cards, but said he thought it was amazing! I'd have to say, I agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Rita! The black embossed image looks amazing over the newsprint dsp and the touches of pink are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)