Sunday, October 14, 2012

HYCCT Green Foliage


After a rough few days, Jason was finally off today and I got a break to go stamp.   Laila was sure a challenge for me for the three days he was working, so I'm glad to have him here for a few days.  It's much easier when we can trade off parenting.  :)    I'm trying to catch up with the Hope You Can Cling To challenges so that I can mail off a package of cards to the MD Anderson Cancer Center this week.   The challenge I worked on today was from Dina and here's her description:  Make a card inspired by a show tune!  Any song (title or lyrics) from any musical or movie will do – just let us know what song inspired you!  For my card I picked a song from Little Shop of Horrors called Somewhere That's Green and made this monochromatic card.   I hope that will work!  :)

Stamps:  French Foliage, Just Believe
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
Paper:  Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, scraps
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Woodgrain embossing folder, Scallop Oval punch, Medium Oval punch, Regals buttons, Linen Thread


It's still been pretty warm down here in Texas, so I've been trying to get her in the rest of her summer clothes before it's too cold for them.  This girl sure did get a lot of clothes!   

3 comments:

  1. After seeing so many colored leaves, this is a refreshing change, Rita! I love seeing how Laila is growing. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...I love monochromatic and this is so pretty. I thought maybe it was inspired by Kermit's "It Ain't Easy Bein' Green"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the textured background.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)