Friday, October 5, 2012

Apothecary Mashup

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Gumball Green, and Lucky Limeade".
  2. Or Make a project using "Rectangles".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with the "Color Combination and Rectangles".

Friday means a new challenge at The Friday Mashup!   I just love these challenges since they are always so different each week.   This week we have a color challenge paired with rectangles.  Fun, huh?   I'm not really sure that I truly mashed it up this week as my idea went straight to a particular stamp set and I couldn't get anything else to come to mind.  Maybe you can count the flag as a rectangle but that would be pushing it a bit.  :)


I had to pat myself on the back for actually using Apothecary Art.  I'm still scratching my head over that purchase. It's really not my style and I struggle to use it.   I think it looks okay here.  I colored in the flowers and leaves with the colors from the challenge and then used Pacific Point and Limeade on the rest of the card elements.   I think it turned out okay for using a set that I'm not normally comfortable with.  :)   

Stamps: Apothecary Art, Something to Celebrate
Ink:  Black Staz On, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green
Paper:  Pacific Point, Whisper White, 2011-2013 In Color DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels collection framelits, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, blender pen, Basic Pearls


I bought Laila a new toy this week and she's not completely sure about it just yet.  :)   Wish me luck tonight as her dad and I are heading out for a date night.  She'll be in good hands with her aunt Crista, but I'm already a nervous wreck about leaving her even if it is just for dinner!   

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful color combo to combine with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I just love the pearls in those little blue flowers. Wonderful details on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stamp set Rita and you've used it beautifully! Love the layout with the flag shape and the embossed background is such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rita. Love the way you coloured the flowers. You can colour :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)