Monday, October 8, 2012

Shabby Music


Another Hope You Can Cling TO card!   This time I was playing with Tenia's challenge: Being a professional jazz pianist I know that music helps me on so many levels. Music makes me happy and feel awesome when I am having a not so great day. Music simply just soothes my Soul. So your challenge today is to create a card using pink and using any music related stamps or paper.  I will say, this one had me stumped all day yesterday and much of today.  I didn't have any music related stamps and I forgot about my Grunge Rock stamp set.   I finally found some printable sheet music online and printed some off on Very Vanilla card stock.   After that, things got out of hand!   I am not a vintage/shabby chic person so why I started down that route I don't know.   This was the end result and I'm not sure it's really something I want to send to MD Anderson.   I'll have to look at it a bit more and then decide I guess.    Thanks to Try Stampin' On Tuesday for this great sketch.  

Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip. Very Vanilla, Subtles DSP stack
Tools/Accessories: Distressing Essentials Kit (retired), Color Spritzer, Pretty in Pink 1 1/4 striped ribbon (retired), Basic Pearls


LOL  This picture cracks me up.  That bow is just too much!  

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rita, I can't find your FMS card to reply on so I will do it here to thank you for commenting on my card for FMS. I love your cards and the pics of Laila are so sweet. Hug, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Beautiful! And the expression on Laila is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Rita. Especially the way you used the ribbon - GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)