Friday, October 5, 2012

HYCCT Strips


I just loved the sketch at Fab Friday so much that I decided to make a second card!  :)   Jason asked me if I was on some kick of using strips lately when I showed him, so maybe I'm using them too much?  lol  This is another card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges.  This one was from Victoria and here's her description: As we all know, or will know, when you head in to get your mammogram you are asked to strip! So let's embrace it!  Use strips (or a strip if you've only had one mammogram so far) of papers, fabrics, or tapes as a background to anchor the focal image on your card. Straight, diagonal, zigzag, chevron...whatever strikes your fancy. Enjoy. And please strip. 


I wanted to really embrace the focus of the challenges, breast cancer, and I think I achieved that!    A bit of a  back story on the stamps and paper...  Jason and I had our first "date night" tonight since Laila was born.  His sister was kind enough to come watch her so we could go out to dinner.   We left the house a little early and where did we go?  The craft stores!  :)   He knew I really wanted an awareness ribbon stamp so we went looking for one.  We found one at the second place along with this cool paper.   He even went through the line too so that we could both use a coupon.  Is he a keeper or what??  

Stamps: Stampabilities Pink Ribbon
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Versamark
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Me & My Big Ideas DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, 3 inch circle die, Heat Tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder

I am totally obsessed with Instagram lately!  Here's one from a few weeks ago that I was playing around with.  I just fall more in love with this girl every day.   

7 comments:

  1. Love your themed card...and the stamp to match your dsp! Lovely! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the strips you used to combine the challenges! The black really makes the pink ribbons pop! Glad you had fun on your date night! =) Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Laila is getting more precious every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card... but I especially LOVE the paper and stamp. Where did you get it? Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a KEEPER for sure!
    It's such a treat to visit your blog, RIta!
    Your card embraces the message perfectly and is a beautiful tribute. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great use of the sketch! I love that you found patterned paper to match the ribbon stamp- so cool! You are rocking the HYCCT challenges! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Date night to a craft store = true love:-) Love this and so glad you liked the sketch!!!! Love all the pink with the black....and hot pink from you of all people, lol! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday<3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)