Sunday, July 21, 2013

Scrap Card Sunday #3 Perfect Blend


Wow! I've actually stuck with this for 3 weeks.  lol  I'm not the best at doing that lately, so we'll see how long I can keep it going.  Plans never work out with a little one in the house!   For this card I decided to go with an old standby for scraps, but tried to put a different spin on it.  I wanted a grunge look, not the comfy quilt look that I normally like.   I grabbed my brown and green scrap bags and only let myself use the pieces I found in there for that part. I think I'd have liked it better if I had let myself cheat a little and used some different strips, but I like how it turned out for the most part.   I had a friend in mind to send it to, so that helped with the design idea and stamp choices.  :)   I also used some retired ribbon and a retired button to try to clear out those as well! 

Stamps:  Perfect Blend, Dictionary, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, scraps
Accessories:  Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon, Regals Designer Buttons
Tools:  Big Shot, Top Note Die, Stylish Stripes embossing folder 


I think someone's new name is going to be She Who Throws Tantrums.  Oh boy was I unprepared for this stage!  If you tell her no or don't let her have something she wants you'd better cover your ears.   The toddler years are going to be tough ones for me I can see.   I have a list of wines to try out now thanks to my fellow moms on Facebook.  Ha! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I LOVE this one! Dare I say, it's scrap-tactic?! I'm cracking up because I'm typing this while I am sitting in the drive thru line at Starbucks! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)