Wednesday, July 10, 2013

FMS94: Rainbow of Happiness


Time for a new Freshly Made Sketch!    Linda S. is our sketch creator this week and she gave us this great sketch to work with. When I looked at the sketch before bed the other night my brain somehow got the idea for a rainbow.   I'm all about trying out ideas that come to me like that because you never know if they will make amazing cards or you'll be like "brain, what were you thinking?".   This one actually turned out okay and I kinda like it even though it's pretty simple.   I am still in the mood to use up scraps and this one used a few random 1/2 strips I had in my bags.   


Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Tools:  YNS cloud die


Laila got a lot of cute clothes for her birthday.  Here she is modeling the cute outfit that Jason's coworker got for her.   I'm hoping the rest of our week goes okay as her gums are pretty swollen and she appears to be teething.  We say goodbye to grandma today so I'll be back to my three days alone starting tomorrow.   I keep thinking these are the weeks that I wish I liked wine.  lol   Not really, but it does get a bit challenging at times.  ;)

12 comments:

  1. Your card is AWESOME Rita!
    Just love the rainbow for this sketch.
    I can't believe your Laila has grown up so fast!
    She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created such a lovely card Rita and I just love the rainbow idea - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrap cards. You only THINK your mojo has left.
    I made some wine with a kit a couple years ago and had a friend design a label. It's called Mother's Little Helper. It's tongue-in-cheek, but not without inspiration. Beyoncé should do a version of her song and call it "All the Single Mothers". Hugs, Rita. It IS hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and meeeeee.............absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Rainbows and clouds go hand in hand. Try some wine. It can be very therapeutic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your rainbow! Laila is growing up soo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation...I too love rainbows and my son is always looking for them after a good rain storm (but this being Summer, we never see them!) Love the picture of a very happy Laila in her chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! Love the addition of the little clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita, I love this card! It is so cheery and just makes me smile! It's such a creative take on the sketch! I think your stampin' mojo is working just fine!!! Laila is adorable as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the rainbow Rita! A great idea for the sketch! Laila is adorable in her birthday shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the sketch to create a rainbow, and your color choices are perfect! This is such a wonderfully cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)