Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Halloween? Oh Yeah!


My last workshop order came in this week and I had ordered myself a little treat, the square framelits.  I love the Polaroid look that I've been seeing and wanted to try my hand at it!   I thought the sketch at Fab Friday was just perfect for that.   The colors at colourQ caught my eye right before I went in my room to work, so I ended up combining the two for my card.   I know I've seen a few comments about my mojo appearing to be intact, but if you'd been here to see the level of frustration and upset that comes with most of my cards lately, you'd get it.  This one wasn't like that, so maybe I've crossed a hurdle!  It came together easily and I ENJOYED making it.  Nice change for sure.  

     
Stamps:  Toxic Treats (R), Wicked Cool (R)
Ink:  Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green
Paper:  Basic Black, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Brights DSP stack (R), Modern Medley DSP, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Halloween Baker's Twine 
Tools:  Big Shot, Spider Web embossing folder (R), Little Leaves sizzlit, square framelits, Scallop Trim border punch

We were very sad to say goodbye to Mom today.  I'm sure you can tell she was just as sad to be leaving her grandbaby.   I hope to see her and my dad later this year.  Thank goodness we have Skype to keep us in contact until then.  

If you are looking for my Freshly Made Sketches post for today, scroll down or click here.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Rita, love the embossed web background! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH Halloween! Why didn't I see these colors that way? This is fantastic and I'd say you've got that whole Polaroid thing down pat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! You nailed that Polaroid look! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love this, Rita! What a great way to use that dsp -- Halloween. Glad to hear you had a fun time stamping this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card....and before we know it, Halloween will be here! Wonderful colors and really like the use of the new square framelits (next on my ever growing list!)....! Such a sweet picture of Laila and her grandma....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card! Perfect for the sketch and colors. And, as always, I am super impressed with your fussy cutting. The frog looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing a Halloween card is making me woefully behind! lol! This is a great "Polaroid" card and I love the scene that you created! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)