Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Flowers!


 I wish I could average the two pictures.  Black cards are a pain to photograph. 

Okay! I redid my card for the sketch from The Paper Players today. I like this one much better! With spring here, I can't stop looking at all the flowers. For this card, I pulled out my scallop circle punches and made a beautiful 3-D flower. I LOVE making them. In fact, my Spring Flowers class next month will include a card using them.

The sketch is here: http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-39-clean-and-simple.html

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler (can you figure out where I used this?)
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Basic Gray, Neutrals Designer Paper stack
Tools: Scallop Circle punches, paper piercer, Decorative Label punch
Accessories: Neutrals glimmer brads, Real Red Satin Ribbon

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! All i can say is WOW! Stunning take on the sketch with SUCH an elegant and rich color combo! The patterned papers look amazing together. Love that flower, scrunchy ribbon and especially how you framed your sentiment. Very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning,Rita! The black and the red is so classy! The scrunchy ribbon is beautiful. However, the flower is what pushes this card over the top! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous--love the stripes and polka dots together. The color combination is so rich and elegant--beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely stunning card! I love the black, white, and red color combo. Your flower is fabulous and so is the combination of patterns! I just love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing a truly beautiful creation!
    Amanda
    www.kraftingkreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. Following your blog now via Stampin Connection

    www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning....great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERS!! Just gorgeous!!!!! Saw this on the Paper Players blog and had to come see a closer version!! Beautiful :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)