Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Just Believe


Did you see that? Somebody tore my paper! :) 

I haven't been feeling well today, so I did a simple card today using a couple of different easy techniques. First, I tore my card stock. For me, this technique is VERY stressful because I do not like tearing up stuff. *shudder* I think I got a little carried away, but anyway... I then colored my stamp with markers. After it was colored, I lightly spritzed it with water and then stamped it. This gives it a slight watercolor effect without actually watercoloring. Cool, huh?

This card is similar to one made for a make-and-take at the Stampin' Up! convention last year, so you can find several examples of it online. I changed up the colors from the examples because I wanted to use some pinks tonight. 

Stamps: Just Believe
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive markers
Paper: Confetti White, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo
Tools: color spritzer
Accessories: Old Olive satin ribbon, linen thread, Brights buttons

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I love the spritz/watercolor idea. Following you through SC. I'm #380 on the list. Happy stamping, and I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rita for leaving the comment on my blog that it was your card I cased. Now I can go back and give you the credit. You'll notice I didn't make many changes because it was so perfect when you did it. The only reason I added the scallop oval was because the first time I stamped the sentiment, it was crooked. Hahaha. I had to just try and hide it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card on Pinterest and used it as inspiration for a Mother's Day card this year {2013}. So thank you for posting this 2 years ago! haha!
    http://apemadebymary.blogspot.com/2013/05/mothers-day.html
    Happy Stamping!
    Mary @ A Paper Endeavor

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)